Saturday, August 21, 2010

Game Recap: STL 5, SF 1

I'm pretty sure most Giants fans saw progress in Tim Lincecum's start tonight. He was rolling right through the Cardinals lineup until Randy Winn hit a solo home run in the 3rd inning to make the score 1-0. After that I'm pretty sure Lincecum was thinking, "Did Randy Winn just hit a home run off of me? Am I really that bad? Randy Winn NEVER hits home runs. I mean in 538 at-bats last year he hit 2 home runs for us! I'm pretty sure Ryan Sadowski hit more home runs than that. Wait, this just in, Randy Winn has 6 home runs in 302 at-bats this year. What the hell, Randy? I mean you still suck and there's no way you should've gotten 538 at-bats for us last year, but you have 4 more home runs this year in way less at-bats. I mean, seriously, what the hell Randy? What gives? Oh is it the 6th inning already? I gave up a walk, triple, and double and the Cardinals scored 2 runs in the 4th? And then I gave up an RBI single to that stupid rookie John Jay in the 5th? It's 4-0? Oops, my bad. Why is John Jay even playing? Tony LaRussa doesn't like good young players. Just ask Colby Rasmus...." Yeah, Tim Lincecum was thinking all of that and got distracted. And it's all Randy Winn's fault. Hey, I guess Tim Lincecum's inner thoughts pretty much did the game recap for me.

The Giants scored a run in the 8th, but so did the Cardinals, just to rub it in. They had as many hits as the Cardinals, 8, but were just 1-for-6 with RISP. Buster Posey had two hits. So did Jose Guillen. Pat Burrell hit a double. That's the best I can do for Giants offensive highlights tonight. Pablo's back? It's seemed like it recently, but not tonight.

Tim Lincecum did look a little better, which is the most important part of this game. The Giants won't go anywhere if he doesn't get back on track. His final line reads: 5 1/3 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K. Hey, I like just 2 BBs. He began the game with a 93-94 MPH fastball and towards the end he was at 90-91 MPH. Being able to command that fastball while still throwing it at 92-94 MPH seems like the key to success for him.

Padres lost. Obviously they can't beat the Milwaukee Brewers like we can. We are so much better, I know it. They'll lose again so let's take the series tomorrow and gain a game in the NL West! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment